Shining Cliff Gin Bramble Cocktail
The perfect end-of-summer cocktail – a classic Bramble. Made with just a handful of ingredients, it’s essentially a simple gin sour with a twist. We’ve made it with blackberries foraged from our hedgerows at the distillery.
This cocktail is at its best in late August and early September, when ripe blackberries can be plucked from the hedgerows, but you can make it at any time of the year by skipping the fresh blackberries, and adding a drizzle of Crème de Mure Blackberry Liqueur over the cocktail at the end.
We like to use our Shining Cliff Citrus Gin in this, to bring out the sharp citrus zing of this cocktail, but it works very well with our Original Gin too.
- 50ml Shining Cliff Citrus Gin
- Small handful of fresh blackberries
- 25-50ml simple sugar syrup (depending on taste and sweetness of your syrup)
- 25ml fresh lemon juice
- Soda water, to top (optional). We like Franklin & Sons.
- lemon wheel and a couple of extra blackberries to garnish
- Crushed ice
- Muddle a small handful of fresh blackberries in a rocks glass, or use a highball glass if you prefer a longer drink (you’ll need to top up with soda in this case). Our Castello rocks and highball glasses are ideal for this cocktail.
- Add 25ml lemon juice and 25ml simple sugar syrup
- Add 50ml Shining Cliff Citrus Gin
- Top up the glass with crushed ice and stir
- Top the drink with a splash of soda if you fancy it, then taste to see if you want to add any more syrup
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and a couple of extra blackberries
Buy a bottle of our Citrus Gin here.