Terms & Conditions
White Peak Distillery Ltd (the “Company”), registered at Derwent Wire Works, Matlock Road, Ambergate, Derbyshire DE56 2HE operates the www.whitepeakdistillery.co.uk website (the “Website”).
Like most website operators, the Company may collect non-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. The purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use the Website.
How can I unsubscribe?
If at any point you do not wish to receive information from us then there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe, as follows:
- you can click onto the “unsubscribe” link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. You may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your unsubscribe request is being processed.
- you can ask a team member at the Distillery shop to update your preferences. However, should you wish for your details to be removed from our customer relationship management system completely, then you will need to contact us in writing using the postal address or email details provided on our Website.
Changes to our Website Terms & Conditions
The Company may change its Website terms & conditions (the “T&Cs”) from time-to-time, and in its sole discretion. Please check this page regularly for any changes to our Website T&Cs.
Along with your privacy, the secure storage of any information that you provide is also important to us. Our Website uses high-level SSL encryption technology. You can tell whether a page is secure as ‘https’ will replace the ‘http’ at the front of the www.whitepeakdistillery.co.uk in your browser address window. A small locked padlock will also appear in your browser window.
Terms & Conditions
- Use of the Website
- Your Privacy
- Purchase of Alcohol
- Distillery Tours & Events
- Sale and use of Vouchers
- Whisky Ballots
The following T&Cs apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the T&Cs set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these T&Cs you may not use or access this Website.
2. Use of the Website
Your access to this Website, and any orders placed by you, must be strictly in accordance with these T&Cs.
You confirm that the Personal Information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all material respects; and you will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by updating your information online through the applicable pages or by contacting us at the Shop or by email using the contact information provided on our Website. You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the T&Cs by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without providing you with notice and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website.
We may change the T&Cs from time-to-time with or without providing you with notice, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the T&Cs have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the T&Cs then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Third party links
We may provide you, without endorsement, with links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the (i) availability of such external sites or resources, (ii) privacy practices of such websites, (iii) content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites, (iv) use that others make of these websites or resources. We are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
3. Your Privacy
4. Purchase of Alcohol
You may only purchase alcohol products from us if you are of the minimum legal age to do so, which in the UK is 18 but may be different if you are not located in the UK. You warrant that any alcohol you purchase through our Website is in accordance with the law in the country in which you are located.
5. Distillery Tours & Events
If you purchase a Distillery Tour, or make an event booking or a Distillery Tour voucher, through our Website, you acknowledge and accept the following.
- We are an operating distillery set in large industrial buildings and visitors should be dressed appropriately for entry into the Distillery. This includes warm clothes during the colder months and flat-soled footwear that covers your feet; high heels and sandals / open-toe shoes are not permitted in the Distillery. The floors may be wet and slippery and there are also stairs to climb on your tour.
- We are unable to accommodate any children under 8 years of age. Children aged between 8-17 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times and will not be supplied with alcohol. We operate a Challenge 25 policy at the Distillery, so you may be asked to provide ID to prove you are of legal drinking age before we can provide you with alcohol for consumption on or off the Distillery premises.
- We love dogs, but they are not allowed inside the Distillery or Shop buildings.
- The Distillery forms part of a wider industrial site with other business users. There is a security gatehouse manned 24 hours a day in the main car park, which is accessed directly off the A6 (Matlock Road). There may be HGVs and other vehicles manoeuvring in the main car park during your visit. We can’t take any responsibility for vehicles on site that are not related to the Distillery operations. You should be vigilant about other vehicles on site and follow any instructions and/or directions from the site security guard. The speed limit on site is a maximum of 10mph at all times.
- The Distillery has its own car park and there is on-site signage directing you to this from the main site car park. Please note that the route to the Distillery car park makes use of a made road that is also a public right of way, and there could be walkers / mountain bikers / horse riders using the route. Site signage directs you to STOP at the points where you drive onto the public right of way and also to maintain a maximum speed of 10mph to respect the safety of pedestrians and other users.
- The Distillery car park has parking for up to 15 vehicles. Please park in marked spaces. If all these are taken, please speak with a member of the Distillery team in the Shop who will direct where to park. If you park your car in our car park, you do so at your own risk and we do not accept liability for any loss or damage to your car nor valuables left in your car.
To make any amendments to bookings please contact our team on email@example.com or call us on 01773 856918
Please note to make changes or cancel bookings and request a full refund we require the following notice periods
Distillery & Whisky Tours
You have the right to cancel a booking and receive a full refund for a tour within a period of 14 days, beginning with the day after the day on which the order was placed, provided no refund will be offered for cancellations made within a period of 72 hours of the date of the tour.
You have the right to cancel a booking and receive a full refund for a private tour within a period of 14 days, beginning with the day after the day on which the order was placed, provided no refund will be offered for cancellations made within a period of 10 days of the date of the tour.
Private events held at the distillery or off site. You have the right to cancel a booking and receive a full refund within a period of 14 days, beginning with the day after the day on which the order was placed, provided no refund will be offered for cancellations made within a period of 14 days of the date of the event. Any non-recoverable expenses incurred by the company prior to the cancellation date e.g. through use of 3rd party suppliers, may have to be deducted from any amounts refunded.
Yellow Wood Events
You have the right to cancel a booking and receive a full refund for an event within a period of 14 days, beginning with the day after the day on which this order was placed, provided no refund will be offered for cancellations made within a period of 10 days of the date of the event.
In the event that we have to cancel a tour or event, for operational reasons or other circumstances beyond our control, then we will offer an alternate date / booking or a full refund.
6. Sale and Use of Vouchers
- eVouchers are virtual products in email format. When buying an eVoucher, we will send an email with a code to the buyer’s chosen email address. We do not take responsibility for incorrect entry of a receiver’s email address, so please make sure your send instructions are correct.
- Emails sent to someone by the buyer can be scheduled for future sends, handy for birthdays and other events. We offer scheduling by day, not hour.
Buying a Postal Gift Card
- Postal Vouchers are sent by Royal Mail to the buyer’s chosen address. (They also include a code which can be used to redeem on-line.) We do not take responsibility for incorrect entry of a receiver’s postal address, so please make sure your send instructions are correct. Alternatively, we can send to the buyer for onward transmission. If you require the voucher posting on a specific day, we will do our best but will need to confirm on receipt of your order.
Cancelling a Voucher Order
- Voucher orders can be cancelled and refunded within 30 days of purchase for any reason, as long as the voucher has not been redeemed partially or fully. Refunds will be credited to the buyer’s original form of payment and the voucher will be disabled. Following the 30 day period, refunds will be by exception only and at the discretion of WPD management.
Redeeming a Voucher
- Postal Vouchers and eVouchers all contain a code which can be redeemed on-line, by phone or in store.
- Tour Vouchers can be redeemed against any tour or experience, but are not transferable to other products in the shop.
- Gift Vouchers can be redeemed against any WPD product, including tours and events, but excluding Gift Vouchers.
- Gift Vouchers can also be redeemed against the cost of shipping.
- Vouchers can be used to partially or fully contribute to a WPD purchase. Outstanding voucher value will remain on the voucher for future use. If the Voucher value does not cover the basket cost, additional payment methods must be used in order to complete the payment.
- Voucher value cannot be transferred to cash.
- The typical expiry date for vouchers will be 12 months after delivery. In some circumstances the validity period will be longer at the discretion of WPD management (e.g. during the Covid pandemic).
7. Whisky Ballots
WPD Ballot T&CS
Following the experience we’ve had with high demand for some of our more limited bottlings we’ve decided that, for our smaller releases of Wire Works Whisky, operating a ballot is probably the fairest way for all of our followers to get an equitable opportunity to purchase. Purchases through the ballot will be restricted to one bottle per person, and we hope the ballot will lend support to those that want to enjoy our whisky and discourage people from on-selling via auction. White Peak Distillery (“WPD”) is delighted to be working with its friends at Bevvy to deliver the ballot process via the Bevvy App, which should provide a seemless user experience.
What you need to do
Register an account with the Bevvy App and then look out for push notifications through the App that a ballot for Wire Works Whisky has started.
Once notified you’ll have a window of time (2 or 3 days) to enter the ballot and register your interest in purchasing a bottle of the relevant Wire Works Whisky release.
You should identify via the check boxes on the ballot entry form whether you fit into one of the stated categories e.g. shareholder or cask owner, etc (which we will validate as part of the ballot process). These categories will mean that the probability of success in any ballot will not be the same for everyone, albeit the weightings will always give all English whisky enthusiasts a fair chance.
You will not be asked for any payment imprint at the ballot entry stage.
The Ballot process
On the published day that ballot registration closes, WPD draw the winners at random and those that are successful (‘winners’) will be notified via the App on the same day.
Winners will be sent a notification of success along with a payment form. Winners will have 24 hours to make payment via the App and confirm delivery address details. Any winners’ bottles which remain unpaid for after 24 hours will be put back into the ballot to give others a second chance (and so on) until all bottles available in the ballot have been allocated and paid for.
Ballot terms & conditions
WPD will have sole responsibility for, and jurisdiction over, drawing ballot winners (and any required replacements). WPD reserves the right to cancel ballot orders if subsequent validation identifies that a customer has bought more than the maximum number of bottles available for purchase by one person, or has fabricated any information requested as part of the ballot registration. The decision of WPD will be final.
In entering the ballot you confirm that you are above the legal age for consuming alcohol in your country of residence. Ballot entry winners may not combine the ballot purchase with any other WPD products.
Once payments are actioned by winners (or their replacements) then WPD will immediately package up bottles and book in despatch with couriers, and it will not be possible to alter delivery addresses or delay, or defer delivery.
Winners can expect to receive their bottles within 7 days of the winning notification date and will receive an email to confirm when it’s been despatched.
If a bottle is damaged during delivery, please contact WPD within 48 hours on firstname.lastname@example.org with photos evidencing the damage and we will review the circumstances. Please note that if we ask you to return the bottle we will also require the packaging to be returned. For requested returns where WPD has agreed in writing that damage occurred during delivery (Agreed Damage), WPD will cover the costs of return. Where possible we will try and replace a bottle with Agreed Damage with an equivalent bottle but can’t guarantee that any such replacement will be available and in such cases we will instead offer a full refund.
Our general returns policy lasts 28 days from the date of purchase, in line with consumer regulations. If more than 28 days has gone by since your purchase, then unfortunately we can’t offer you an exchange or refund.
To be eligible for a return, your item / bottle must be unused / unopened and in the same condition that you received it, in the original delivery packaging. To complete your return, we’ll need proof of purchase. If you wish to get a refund on a product you have purchased from WPD then please get in touch in writing on email@example.com and we will provide more information on how to return your product. We strongly advised returns to be sent back to us with tracking and appropriate insurance, and you should also append your senders details (and enclose your email). You will be responsible for the cost of returning the product to WPD.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If approved, your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment (please note that the original postage & packing costs are non-refundable and will be deducted from any approved refund we process). The refund may take a few days to clear depending upon method of payment. If you haven’t received your refund within 7 days then, after checking with your bank, please let us know in writing on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged, as above.
We reserve the right to modify these terms & conditions without notice.
Payment for Products
We will take all reasonable care, to keep the details of your booking and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
We accept the following major payment cards only; Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Amex, Maestro and Delta. Payment will, be debited from your account upon receipt of your order. You are responsible for confirming that you are the legitimate holder of the credit/debit card and that your details are correct. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issue. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment, we will not be able to process your order and a message will appear informing you that the transaction cannot be processed.
Intellectual property and right to use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us, or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a Purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Compliance with laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
Limitation of liability
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the T&Cs for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the T&Cs.
Nothing in the T&Cs shall exclude or limit our liability resulting from the Company’s negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If any part of the T&Cs shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the T&Cs and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining T&Cs.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the T&Cs shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These T&Cs govern our relationship with you. We may change the “T&Cs” from time-to-time, and in our sole discretion. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the T&Cs, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these T&Cs and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these T&Cs.
These T&Cs will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and your irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.