We plan to return to our longer and more in depth whisky tour on Saturday 24th October at 2.30pm, with more dates in November and December.
If you can’t wait until then, we will continue to cater for whisky enthusiasts through our popular Thursday night virtual whisky tasting, hosted by Founder Max Vaughan. If you’d like to join from abroad contact us. Click here to find out more Zoom Whisky Tasting.
Whisky tour vouchers are available to buy as Postal Vouchers or e-Vouchers. If you have received a whisky tour voucher as a gift please call or e-mail email@example.com. Alternatively if you have a code you can redeem on the checkout page.
Our whisky tour is an opportunity to take a guided look behind the scenes of the regions first whisky distillery. We’ll take you through our whisky making process from start to finish. We’ll discuss the raw materials, still house processes, distillery equipment and cask selection that contribute to the unique taste of our single malt spirit. On your way around you’ll get the opportunity to taste various samples from the whisky-making process, including new make spirit and ageing spirit samples (straight from the cask)!
We’ll then go on to taste four whiskies back in our tasting room whilst discussing various topics with our Founder and/or guest co-host David Wood. David is a local Peak District lad who recently lived on the Hebridean island of Islay where he gained a wealth of experience in the whisky industry. He spent time as a brand manager at Lagavulin before moving on to be distillery manager at Caol Isla. David has a passion for all things whisky which he will share with you in our tasting room.
Whisky tours are run in groups of up to 10 people and include your own tasting glass to take home. Not all of our tours take place during operational hours and we cannot guarantee that all, or any of the distilling equipment, will be operational at the time of your tour.
We’re Good to Go…..
Like all businesses we’ve had to rethink the way we do things to keep you and our team safe. Here are a few of the changes we’ve made to our tours:
- We’ve reduced the number of people on each tour to 10.
- We are providing everyone with their own glassware to use during the tasting which they can take home at the end of the visit
- We have installed a number of hand sanitising points around the distillery.
- Visual social distancing cues on the tour to help everyone to enjoy from a safe distance.
- We’ve undergone a thorough visitor risk assessment with all our staff and your host we’ll take you through a short safety briefing at the start of your visit.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures between tours.
- Staff and guests are required to wear face masks when moving around the distillery.
All guidance will be updated in line with government advice.
What you need to know:
It’s really important that you and members of your group take the time to read the following information. This will help to ensure everyone is safe and you have a comfortable and enjoyable visit to White Peak Distillery.
- All bookings must be made through the online system. For each booking we require a lead contact to provide their name and contact telephone number. This is in case we need to get in touch with the lead contact for the purposes of COVID-19 contact tracing. This will be the person receiving the booking confirmation e-mail.
- All places on the tour must be booked and paid for in advance. Numbers per tour are strictly limited to 10 people. Unfortunately, at this time, we can’t accommodate any walk-ins.
- If you are feeling unwell, have any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 symptoms please do not come to the Distillery. Let us know and we can rearrange your visit for a future date. Please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the case of any form of local lock down guests should not attend if such restrictions apply to them. If a local lock down is put in place after you have made your booking, we can rearrange your visit for a later date. Please contact at email@example.com.
- We ask that you arrive 15 mins before your scheduled start time. Please park in the main car park and wait in your car, or if on foot wait near the White Peak Distillery gazebo. Once everyone has arrived, one of our team will signal everyone to walk over to the Distillery as a supervised group. This walk is approximately 400m, is partially outdoors and will take approx 5 mins. Unfortunately, due to the nature of our site, we will be unable to accommodate people who arrive late.
- Clothing & Footwear: Sensible shoes should be worn and clothing suitable for the outdoor conditions on the day.
- Find us: White Peak Distillery, Derwent Wire Works, Matlock Road, Ambergate, Derby, DE56 2HE. In Google maps (or equivalent), the post code take you to the main car park where you will see our White Peak Distillery gazebo.