Tours can be arranged on alternative days subject to availability. Minimum of 10 people or equivalent charge and between the hours of 11am - 3.30pm.
Our whisky tour is an opportunity to take a guided look behind the scenes of the regions first whisky distillery. We’ll take you through our whisky making process from start to finish. We’ll discuss the raw materials, still house processes, distillery equipment and cask selection that contribute to the unique taste of our single malt spirit. On your way around you’ll get the opportunity to taste various samples from the whisky-making process, including new make spirit and an ageing spirit samples (straight from the cask)! The tour will be followed by a tasting in the Still House and a more in-depth discussion around all things whisky.
Whisky tours are run in groups of up to 12 people and include your own tasting glass to take home. The tour and tasting last approximately 90 mins. Not all of our tours take place during operational hours and we cannot guarantee that all, or any of the distilling equipment, will be operational at the time of your tour.
We’re Good to Go…..
Like all businesses we’ve had to rethink the way we do things to keep you and our team safe. Here are a few of the changes we’ve made to our tours and these will remain in place until further notice:
- We’ve reduced the number of people on each tour to 12.
- We are providing everyone with their own glassware to use during the tasting which they can take home at the end of the visit
- We have installed a number of hand sanitising points around the distillery.
- Visual social distancing cues on the tour to help everyone to enjoy from a safe distance.
- We’ve undergone a thorough visitor risk assessment with all our staff and your host we’ll take you through a short safety briefing at the start of your visit.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures between tours.
- Staff and guests are required to wear face masks when moving around the distillery.
What you need to know:
It’s really important that you and members of your group take the time to read the following information. This will help to ensure everyone is safe and you have a comfortable and enjoyable visit to White Peak Distillery.
- All bookings must be made through the online system. For each booking we require a lead contact to provide their name and contact telephone number. This is in case we need to get in touch with the lead contact for the purposes of COVID-19 contact tracing. This will be the person receiving the booking confirmation e-mail.
- All places on the tour must be booked and paid for in advance. Numbers per tour are strictly limited to 12 people.
- If you are feeling unwell, have any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 symptoms please do not come to the Distillery. Let us know and we can rearrange your visit for a future date. Please contact at email@example.com.
- In the case of any form of local lock down guests should not attend if such restrictions apply to them. If a local lock down is put in place after you have made your booking, we can rearrange your visit for a later date. Please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We ask that you arrive 10 mins before your scheduled start time. Please park in our car park and wait in your car, or if on foot wait near the entrance to the Shop. We will ask all guests to sign in via a QR code as this forms part of our health & safety and covid protocols.
- Clothing & Footwear: Sensible shoes should be worn and clothing suitable for the outdoor conditions on the day. The Still House tends to be cooler than the outdoor temperature, so please come prepared.
- Find us: White Peak Distillery, Derwent Wire Works, Matlock Road, Ambergate, Derby, DE56 2HE. In Google maps (or equivalent), the post code will take you to the main car park where you can follow the signs to the distillery. Please take care to obey speed restrictions and watch out for pedestrians and other site users.
- What 3 words users bounding.carting.goodnight