Following the recent Government announcement, with effect from 3rd December, Derbyshire and surrounding areas have been placed under Tier 3 (Very High Alert), with this rating to be reviewed on 16th December. Under Tier 3, indoor entertainment and tourist venues must close, and so we can no longer run our Distillery Tours whilst our region remains in this tier.
We will open our booking calendar once we have news of a move to Tier 2. Full details and proposed dates below.
Distillery tour vouchers are available to buy as Postal Vouchers or e-Vouchers If you have received a digital voucher code you can redeem on the checkout page.
Join us behind the scenes at White Peak Distillery. Experience the unique atmosphere, heat and smells of our working distillery set in the old Johnson & Nephew Wire Works of the 1870s.
Experience our Victorian still house, home to our two beautiful hand-made copper pot stills and our cask stores, to see (and taste) our maturing new make whisky. You’ll be guided through the whisky making process by one of our distillers. Learn about the vision for the first whisky distillery in the Peak District region and gain insights into what we have planned for our single malt whisky. You’ll also get to see ‘Betty’ our 600 litre spirits still, used to make our award winning Shining Cliff gin and other spirits. Then it’s back to the Tasting Room for a guided tasting of our range of gins and a chance for further discussions.
Tour prices: Adult £15 / Children (8-17) £5
Tasting tours are run in groups of up to 10 people. The tour and tasting will last 60 minutes and include your own tasting glass to take home, and 3 tasting samples of gin. Allow 90 minutes to include arrival and departure. Those aged 8 to 17yrs must be accompanied by an adult and can’t take part in tastings. Unfortunately for safety reasons we can’t allow anyone under 8yrs in the Distillery.
We’re Good to Go…..
Like all businesses we’ve had to rethink the way we do things to keep you and our team safe. Here are a few of the changes we’ve made to our tours:
- We’ve reduced the number of people on each tour to 10.
- We are providing everyone with their own glassware to use during the tasting which they can take home at the end of the visit
- We have installed a number of hand sanitising points around the distillery.
- Visual social distancing cues on the tour to help everyone to enjoy from a safe distance.
- We’ve undergone a thorough visitor risk assessment with all our staff and your host will take you through a short safety briefing at the start of your visit.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures between tours.
- Staff and guests are required to wear face masks when moving around the distillery.
All guidance will be updated in line with government advice.
What you need to know:
It’s really important that you and members of your group take the time to read the following information. This will help to ensure everyone is safe and you have a comfortable and enjoyable visit to White Peak Distillery.
- All bookings must be made through the online system. For each booking we require a lead contact to provide their name and contact telephone number. This is in case we need to get in touch with the lead contact for the purposes of COVID-19 contact tracing. This will be the person receiving the booking confirmation e-mail.
- All places on the tour must be booked and paid for in advance. Numbers per tour are strictly limited to 10 people. Unfortunately, at this time, we can’t accommodate any walk-ins.
- If you are feeling unwell, have any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 symptoms please do not come to the Distillery. Let us know and we can rearrange your visit for a future date. Please contact at email@example.com.
- In the case of any form of local lock down guests should not attend if such restrictions apply to them. If a local lock down is put in place after you have made your booking, we can rearrange your visit for a later date. Please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We ask that you arrive 15 mins before your scheduled start time. Please park in the main car park and wait in your car, or if on foot wait near the White Peak Distillery gazebo. We will ask all guests to sign in via a QR code as required by the governments track and trace scheme. Once everyone has arrived, one of our team will signal everyone to walk over to the Distillery as a supervised group. This walk is approximately 400m, is partially outdoors and will take approx 5 mins. Unfortunately, due to the nature of our site, we will be unable to accommodate people who arrive late.
- Clothing & Footwear: Sensible shoes should be worn and clothing suitable for the outdoor conditions on the day.
- Find us: White Peak Distillery, Derwent Wire Works, Matlock Road, Ambergate, Derby, DE56 2HE. In Google maps (or equivalent), the post code take you to the main car park where you will see our White Peak Distillery gazebo.