We are delighted to be returning to distillery tours on the Thursday 20th May 2021.
Thursday & Friday 11am & 2pm
Saturdays 10.30am & 12.30pm
Distillery tour vouchers are available to buy as Postal Vouchers or e-Vouchers If you have received a digital voucher code you can redeem on the checkout page.
Join us behind the scenes at White Peak Distillery. Experience the unique atmosphere, heat and smells of our working distillery set in the old Johnson & Nephew Wire Works of the 1870s.
Experience our Victorian still house, home to our two beautiful hand-made copper pot stills and our cask stores, to see our maturing new make whisky. You’ll be guided through the whisky making process by one of our distillers. Learn about the vision for the first whisky distillery in the Peak District region and gain insights into what we have planned for our single malt whisky. You’ll also get to see ‘Betty’ our 600 litre spirits still, used to make our award winning Shining Cliff gin and rum. Then it’s time to take a seat in the Still House for a guided tasting of our range of gins and a chance for further discussion on all things White Peak and craft spirits.
Tour prices: Adult £15 / Children (8-17) £5
Tasting tours are run in groups of up to 10 people. The tour and tasting will last 60 minutes and include your own tasting glass to take home, and 3 tasting samples of gin. Allow 90 minutes to include arrival and departure. Those aged 8 to 17yrs must be accompanied by an adult and can’t take part in tastings. Unfortunately for safety reasons we can’t allow anyone under 8yrs in the Distillery.
Tours can be arranged on alternative days subject to availability. Minimum of 10 people or equivalent charge and between the hours of 11am - 3.30pm.
We’re Good to Go…..
Like all businesses we’ve had to rethink the way we do things to keep you and our team safe. Here are a few of the changes we’ve made to our tours:
- We’ve reduced the number of people on each tour to 10.
- We are providing everyone with their own glassware to use during the tasting which they can take home at the end of the visit
- We have installed a number of hand sanitising points around the distillery.
- Visual social distancing cues on the tour to help everyone to enjoy from a safe distance.
- We’ve undergone a thorough visitor risk assessment with all our staff and your host will take you through a short safety briefing at the start of your visit.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures between tours.
- Staff and guests are required to wear face masks when moving around the distillery.
All guidance will be updated in line with government advice.
What you need to know:
It’s really important that you and members of your group take the time to read the following information. This will help to ensure everyone is safe and you have a comfortable and enjoyable visit to White Peak Distillery.
- All bookings must be made through the online system. For each booking we require a lead contact to provide their name and contact telephone number. This is in case we need to get in touch with the lead contact for the purposes of COVID-19 contact tracing. This will be the person receiving the booking confirmation e-mail.
- All places on the tour must be booked and paid for in advance. Numbers per tour are strictly limited to 10 people. Unfortunately, at this time, we can’t accommodate any walk-ins.
- If you are feeling unwell, have any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 symptoms please do not come to the Distillery. Let us know and we can rearrange your visit for a future date. Please contact at email@example.com.
- In the case of any form of local lock down guests should not attend if such restrictions apply to them. If a local lock down is put in place after you have made your booking, we can rearrange your visit for a later date. Please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We ask that you arrive 10 mins before your scheduled start time. Please park in our car park and wait in your car, or if on foot wait near the entrance to the Shop. We will ask all guests to sign in via a QR code as this forms part of our health & safety and covid protocols.
- Clothing & Footwear: Sensible shoes should be worn and clothing suitable for the outdoor conditions on the day. The Still House tends to be cooler than the outdoor temperature, so please come prepared.
- Find us: White Peak Distillery, Derwent Wire Works, Matlock Road, Ambergate, Derby, DE56 2HE. In Google maps (or equivalent), the post code will take you to the main car park where you can follow the signs to the distillery. Please take care to obey speed restrictions and watch out for pedestrians and other site users.