WHITE PEAK DISTLLERY LTD is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We take your privacy seriously and we will never, ever sell your information. If you don’t want us to contact you for promotional purposes, then you can unsubscribe from such promotions (we may still need to communicate with you in connection with any order you place). For information on how to unsubscribe please see our Terms & Conditions.
The data controller for our Website is WHITE PEAK DISTILLERY LTD.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information to allow you to place orders with us and to improve your experience in using our Website. In particular, we collect, track and interpret data, including your personal information, which helps to reveal what users generally, and you specifically, like and don’t like about our website, content and advertising.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you may give us by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, search for a product, place an order on our Website for products or memberships, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your date of birth, name, e-mail address and phone number, social media profile details, financial, bank account and credit card information, billing, shipping and other contact address details; and any other information we may ask in connection with promotional offers or other marketing activities.
Information we collect about you with regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information (we will never record passwords or credit or debit card details in this way). We collect as much information as we can about your use of our Website in order to improve the experience of visitors to the Website.
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for;
- page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- The tools which we use to monitor the functioning of our Website collect certain data which users enter when interacting with the Website, even if those users do not complete a purchase, post a comment, submit a review, or complete any other type of interaction with our Website.
Information we receive from other sources which may include information when somebody buys a gift for you on our Website and from partners we jointly offer services with or from advertisers, about your interactions with them. This may include your name, location, age, shopping habits, user-generated content (such as blogs and social media postings), social media username or other social media profile information (such as number of followers), in each case as permitted by law. We rely on the lawful basis for processing prior to us receiving that information for processing. Refer to the third party privacy statements of each of the websites you interact with for further details of that party’s processing.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use information held about you in the following ways, all in accordance with the law, and we will only retain your personal information for the period necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided:
We will use the information you give to us to:
- process orders that you make and to do our best to ensure you have a good customer experience. The personal information you submit during your registration or while placing an order will only be used for the purpose of processing your orders unless you also opt in to receive a newsletter or marketing emails. We won’t use such data for our marketing or other purposes unless you give us your permission to do so;
- to provide customer service and support in respect to your order and to respond to your questions or requests;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to conduct data analysis to help us improve our services and advertising, including showing you our adverts as you browse the web. We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, data analysis, improving our site and developing new products and services;
- we may also send locally hashed data to trusted third parties (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc) to send you personalised advertising on those platforms of which you are already a member and to help us create so-called ‘lookalike audiences’ which will help us send relevant advertising to existing users of those platforms who may have similar consumer profiles;
- keep you updated about changes to our products or services, our latest news or send you marketing information about us and our products. If you would like to change your communication preferences or if you no longer want to be part of our mailing list, please either log into your account to unsubscribe or contact us to let us know.
We will use the information we collect about you to:
- administer our Website and improve your browsing experience, including tailoring content, for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- defend our rights or property and to protect the rights and interests of our consumers and users;
- keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of our advertising, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about our goods or services that may interest you or them.
We use information we receive from other sources to combine with the information you give to us and information we collect about you for the uses set out above. These other sources will be those approved by you, such as social media sites.
We retain your information for as long as it’s necessary to provide you with our goods and services, taking into account any legal or regulatory obligations we have (e.g. to maintain records for tax purposes), any other legal basis we have for using your information (e.g. your consent, or performance of an ongoing contract with you), or our legitimate interests as a business. We may also keep hold of some of your information as required by law or regulation, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may share your personal information with any member of the White Peak Distillery group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1162 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, such as a courier service.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 30 men and 40 women aged under 35 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in DE56). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- Age reference agencies for the purpose of ensuring we meet our obligations to prevent the sale of alcohol to you if you are not of the legal age to drink alcohol in your country of residence.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If WHITE PEAK DISTILLERY LTD or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions as set out on our Website and in other agreements we have with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of WHITE PEAK DISTILLERY LTD, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In order to ensure the security of your transactions and prevent or detect fraudulent transactions, we may also share your information with our trusted fraud detection partners.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use on our Website to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time, in accordance with the law, by contacting us in writing using the contact address or email given on our Website.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
YOUR RIGHTS AND ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to access information we hold about you. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like to exercise any of your legal rights relating to data we hold about you, please get in touch using the contact information provided on our Website. Once we get all of the information we need to process your request, your request will be investigated by an appropriate member of our management team. A response will then be provided in writing within a reasonable period (we plan to respond within 30 days, but we may need more time to process your request in certain circumstances).